Monday, June 3, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Miracles JUNE Challenge..Love Never Fails


Hey everyone, It's the first Monday of June and that means it's time to reveal another challenge over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

This month Jessica is hosting our challenge and this is what she had to say...

Since June is one of the most popular months to get married (my husband and my anniversary is the 19th), I decided to do a challenge on love. Your challenge this month is to scrap about a husband and wife relationship and the love you see/experience because of it.  The scrap twist is that you can only use cardstock, NO PATTERNED PAPER! The couple you choose can be you and your spouse, your parents, grandparents, or any other couple whose love for one another inspires you.

Now the first part was easy, a love story. I have this picture of my Grandparents from the early 80's that I love. They did everything together and were always a solid support system for ALL the grandkids as we grew.

Now the second part; NO PATTERN PAPER...EEKKKK!
I finally decided that I would just make my own paper for the challenge.
I took a piece of Kraft cardstock , placed a Crafter's Workshop stencil over it and misted with my homemade acrylic spray paint (%50 water/ %50 paint in a mister) lifted the stencil and dried the paint/
More misting with blue acrylic paint in random spots. I watered down some black Gelato crayon and flicked it across my page.
I still had a bunch on my craft mat so I dragged the paper through it in spots and let it drip.

Finally a bit of script stamp (Club Scrap) and Black Staz On ink for a tiny bit more pattern.

I hope you head on over to Scrapping Everyday Miracles and share your love; remember...No pattern paper ;)
Can't wait to see what you do.


                                        Our sponsor this month is Citrus Twist.

Citrus Twist Kits grew out of one girl’s love of all things crafty, with just a little love of vintage thrown in. Here is the story: My mom and I shared a love of the art world. I grew up tagging along to Art in the Park shows, quilting fairs and more. Early in 2012 my mom passed away and as I was going through her lifetime of art and crafts supplies, the idea for Citrus Twist Kits was born. It was the vintage scraps that inspired the handcrafted item that goes into each main kit.
Citrus Twist Kits are color-based, inspired and great value for your money. A box arrives on your doorstep each month filled with scrapbooking gifts to keep you playing all month long.
LINK:
 Trina has provided us not one, but TWO prizes to give away this month!  The first is the May Project Life Kit:


And the second is the April main kit:



Awesome, right?!  You can win one of these fabulous kits by linking your project(s) to one of our June challenges. 

Subscriber special, for our site members, June only: Free alphabet set with 3- or 6-month sub.
You will need to mention in the comments box at checkout that you are a member of our site and want the promo that will ship with your first kit.

**NOTE: You may submit the project you create for Scrapping Everyday Miracles to other challenge blogs but your project must be mainly created for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenge in order to win the sponsor prize and/or be one of Top 3**

 All entries must be linked HERE by June 30th, 11:59pm PST.

*Important: Make sure your link is to the blog post with your project & not just your blog in general...and be sure to remember the SCRAP TWIST!




4 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

How amazing to have such special grandparent in your life to set a loving example for you!! Love your mixed media work with the background!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracey Gregory said...

So sweet and love your background!

Anonymous said...

I love your masking background, Christy. You are so creative with this mixed media art :)

(Helen G.)

Cara G said...

This is such an amazing page Christy! Your background with the mist & paint & crayon is just awesome--you totally inspire me!! And I especially love that sweet photo of your grandparents!