Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just playing today...

Today I want to share an art journal page that came about from playing.
I didn't sit down (or stand for that matter as I stand when I work) to create a page, actually I wasn't planning on creating.
I ordered 3 of the Ayeeda Water Inks from the Flying Unicorn store and they came yesterday.

I wasn't even sure what the inks were like until I opened them up.
MY OH MY...I bought 3 colors I am going back for all lol.
I dropped several drops of each color onto a pieces of watercolor paper and misted with water.
My page was instantly covered with beautiful bright color.
That was it...

I had to do something with it immediately.
I dropped some Liquitex Acrylic Inks onto the page to get some splats.
Gesso through a stencil.
Stamping, then 2 Tsukineko inks (Paprika & Lapislazuli) through a Crafter's Workshop Stencils and a Stencil Girl  stencil.
                                 

The flowers were stamped onto book text and cut out. After adhering them to my page I rubbed Gesso around them with my finger to blend all the colors. Colored them with Gelatos then outlined them with a Graphitint pencil by Dewent.
My butterflies were stamped and then painted over with Teal Zircon Silks Acrylic Glaze.
They have more color in real life but seeing as we are getting pouring rain from the first tropical storm of the season I couldn't get a great picture.

The quote is a Tim Holtz stamp.
The words were each cut out, inked then outlined after being put on the page.

This was such a fun page to do.
I was able to play with a ton of product new and old and while I was just trying to see what something could do my mojo took off.
Always a happy day when that happens.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments: