Monday, June 10, 2013

My Routine

A while ago one of the calls at Scrapbook News and Review was "routine".

How could I show my routine when I really didn't have one. Our day to day schedules are varied, depending on school stuff and soccer practices.
Then it hit me, the one constant thing I do each and every day is read the paper.
Yes I know there are online versions (and I rad several) but my favorite part of the day is each morning when I sit down with my cup of coffee and read the local paper.

Now how to show that, I could have just taken a picture of my coffee & paper, which I did, and scrapped it. Yet I wanted to do more. I wound up integrating the entire paper into my layout.
I tore the paper into pieces, keeping headlines of the day rather whole, and using Gel Medium collaged them across a piece of card stock.
Once the card stock was covered I trimmed the edges and gave the whole thing a light covering of Gesso to tone it down.

Misted heavily with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow mist to add some color and major drips down the page.
The coffee "spills" were stamped and then embossed to give it more texture.

Coffee rings and beans were also stamped across the page tying in to my theme.

When I was done I had a fun page documenting something I do daily. Not only that if you get close to the page you can actually read a bunch of the headlines of the day. Yet one more way to scrap life.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: