Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Keep on playing...

Today's art journal page started out as play and then a keep on working until you are happy with it kind of moment.

The base was a grid of color created with my Gelatos over Gesso.
In the land of "one layer is never enough" I kept adding more.
First some script stamping.
Then I put Gesso through a Dylusions stencil and outlined the circles.
ICK.
This is not looking good!


Followed by me blowing Ayeed Water Inks across my page with a straw.
(now I've reached the what in the world am I doing stage)
I dipped my paintbrush in Black Marble Dylusions mist and outlined my color grid and the circles again.
Better...maybe.

Stamped my favorite flower stamp (from Unity) and outlined it with black Sharpie. Painted the inside with Gesso to give a more neutral surface and colored over that with a Faber Castell Pitt Pen.
Outlined AGAIN with a Sharpie the highlites with a white gel pen.

Starting to like...

Added a quote onto a small piece of a Gelli Print.
Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful
 Kind of along the lines I worked and worked until I managed to get something I actually like.
It made me happy.

And finally some big black flourishes, mostly to tone the color down even more.

So my advice to you; don't give up when creating. Keep plugging away and you may end up with something that makes you happy.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: